Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blogging from Hawaii

Yes, we are in Hawaii for Christmas, and yes, I realize I am one of the luckiest people ever to be in Hawaii for Christmas. We are staying in Laie, Oahu and are seriously like one mile from the temple, BYU-Hawaii, and the Polynesian Cultural Center. We are staying one the beach and are having a blast to say the least.

Mostly we have spent most of our time here shopping for Christmas, playing games, and playing on the beach. The water is really warm (not for you Amy, you probably wouldn't swim), and so the kids have loved playing in it, and I even went body boarding. I felt VERY brave. Although I didn't go body boarding yesterday, after seeing Greg (6'4" 290 lbs) get tossed about 8 times under the waves, I figured it wasn't worth risking the life of my unborn child to catch a couple of HUGE waves. I 'll wait for the wussy waves to come back.

I really enjoyed our Christmas eve, we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was so much fun! I had never been there before, but they do a REALLY good job at helping you see how the Polynesian people live. They are so fun and friendly! We learned to Hula dance, even Scott and Stacey learned. I have a really cute picture but I have to get to a scanner!

We also went to church on Sunday to a ward down here, and it really had such a neat feeling there. I just feels like one big family. I could see how people fall in love with it down here and want to stay, although something kindof freaks me out about living on an island (Is that weird?).

While I have been down here I realized that Greg should've been born Hawaiian. Greg loves the feeling of the people here. He seriously would fit in so well here, and here are the reasons why (from what I've observed here):

1. Hawaiian's are laid back and they wear casual, comfy clothes most of the time.
2. They are big on family, family get togethers, and those get togethers having lots of food.
3. Many Hawaiian's are big guys, so you can find lots of huge bball shorts here.
4. They are always joking and laughing, and are very friendly.

I'll post pics later, but I thought I'd update ya'll on our trip so far!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you, thank you for such a great post. I'm glad you are having a great time...picture ASAP, please!

Andrea said...

Merry Christmas. I'm glad you're having fun. You've sold me on Hawaii (not that it was that hard to do)!

Megan said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS and very glad that you are having a great time in Hawaii!

Braden and Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys are having so much fun. Christmas in Hawaii is probably similiar to Christmas here in southwest Florida...hot, humid, and Christmas lights on the palm trees! Tell the Hill siblings I said hi and tell Greg Braden is NOT defending OJ!!!

DreamNT said...

That is soooo hilarious!! I'm definitely going to be good around Scott all the time.









คาสิโนออนไลน์