Sorry to the blogging world (especially you, Ryan, I know a good portion of the excitement in your life revovles around what is on my blog) for my long absence. At least this is a long, VERY informative blog!!
My friend Andrea (who I love reading her blog, her daughter Sklar is HILarious) did this and I thought it was really cool. Don't compare my 100 to hers though because she is way more talented and cool than I am!!
1. I have lived in Texas for 5 going on 6 years.
2. I thought I was only here for 3-5 years (per Greg's promises we would go back to Utah soon), but am glad we are still here, because I love it (Sorry friends & family in Utah, I still miss you lots)!!
3. I loved New Kids on the Block when I was 9 or 10 and had a florescent NKOTB fanny pack.
4. I met Greg at school at UVSC with his friend Justin. Justin actually talked to me first. I was staring at my orange (it's a long story why I was staring at the orange). The conversation started like this, "How's that orange?"
5. I lived in White Rock, NM until I was 10.
6. I was on a chess team in elementary school in NM, and I used to love playing chess with my dad. I only beat him once (and I think he let me win).
7. I LOVE kickboxing and want to be a teacher someday.
8. I love when you pick up newborn babies when they are sleeping or tired and they pull their legs up and scrunch into a ball, its so CUTE!
9. I eat alot of things I don't think taste good because they are healthy.
10. I love Dance Dance Revolution.
11. I love playing sports, but not watching them.
12. Two sports I have come to really like playing in the past 5 years: tennis and golf.
13. I like ketchup on mexican food (like burritos and tacos) better than salsa.
14. I love Harry Potter! I've read all the books at least twice except the last one.
15. My sister is the only one who has done (colored & cut) my hair in the last 5 years and she lives in Utah. Needless to say, you can tell how recently I have been to Utah by how my hair looks.
16. I am obsessed with my parents cabin in Sundance, it is one of the coolest places in the world!
17. I really want to go to Europe.
18. I drive a Toyota Sienna (it's a mini-van, come on I have 3 kids now!)
19. If I could have any car I wanted I would pick a FJ Cruiser.
20. I don't really care for motocycles, but I ride on them more often than probably most people because my husband loves them!
21. I started to really like Diet Dr. Pepper during my last pregnancy (I know, great time to start loving caffienated soda).
22. I've always wanted to live in a big city like boston or new york and live in an apt. and not have a car, and ride the subway everywhere.
23. I don't want to do that anymore now that I have kids.
24. I am very spacey and forgetful.
25. I love Masimoto's and Bahama Bucks shaved ice.
26. Greg used to buy me a ice cream called Dreyer's White Out when we were dating. It was white chocolate ice cream with white chocolate covered pretzel balls.
27. White Chocolate used to be my favorite, but now dark chocolate is.
28. I don't really like cooking, but I love baking.
29. One of my favorite treats is rice crispie treats!! I do weird things to try and make them more healthy so I don't feel guilty about eating the whole pan. Like last time I made them with puffed millet instead of rice crispies because it has more fiber. (It was really good)
30. Who am I kidding? There's still butter and marshmallows in it!
31. One of the reasons I love my husband is because he makes me feel like the most beautiful girl in the whole world!
32. I really came to love yoga in college, but haven't found a class I like in texas.
33. I hate sweeping.
34. I am obssessive about cleaning ear wax out of my ears (with a q-tip).
35. I love pedicures.
36. I played soccer growing up but was never very good at it.
37. I played forward my senior year, but didn't score any goals.
38. I have a cut up quilt in my sewing closet that I have been working (not working) on for 8-9 years.
39. I like wearing hats.
40. I can do my hair curly and strait.
41. I hate doing my hair.
42. Greg picked the temple we got married in (SLC).
43. I hate washing my face, so I use those PONDS cleaning wipe things. I just don't like when I'm washing my face with water and my shirt gets wet.
44. I have fantastic in-laws!
45. I worked with troubles teenage girls for my internships in college and loved it. I would really like to do that again.
46. I want to get my masters degree someday so I can be a licensed counseler.
47. I love donuts with sprinkles.
48. I love sprinkles.
49. My first job was working as a pharmacy technician at Macey's (love Macey's).
50. One of my favorite jobs was working as a pharmacy tech. at Utah Valley Hospital because I got to wear scrubs to work!!!
51. I am obsessed with the musical Wicked!
52. I also love the movie Phantom of the Opera.
53. I wish I could sing and dance well because my (non-realistic) dream is to be in musicals.
54. I have always been blessed with amazing friends!
55. Holy cow? Am I only at 55? (Andrea, how did you think of 100? I'm starting to think I'm not that interesting. . . )
56. One of the people that I knew for a very short time but made a big difference in my life and the way I view marriage and family was one of my professors in college, Davee Chandler.
57. My family (with my brothers and sisters) growing up seriously hardly EVER fought (I have people who can vouch for this).
58. Now that I have kids, I wonder how my parents pulled that off! My kids fight ALL the time.
59. I only have one blood related Grandma still alive and I love her so much!! She is amazing and so much fun!!
60. My Grandpa (Dad's dad) died before I was born.
61. My Grandpa Elkington (who married my Grandma after my grandpa died) has been such a wonderful grandpa to me, and has been such a blessing in my life as well.
62. I have 3 sisters and two brothers.
63. One of my favorite vacations growing up was going to Lake Powell in the summer.
64. My most memorable vacation was when I went to Cancun with my sisters and parents after I graduated high school.
65. My favorite restuarant is probably Cheesecake factory.
66. I got engaged on Pier 39 in San Francisco.
67. That is also the place where Greg told me he loved me for the first time (this is where you sigh and say, oh how cute)
68. I like golfing with Greg.
69. I don't really like playing tennis with him, but he is the only person I know who will play with me.
70. That's not mean because he doesn't like playing tennis with me either, because I'm not a challenge.
71. I've been to Canada twice for an hour when I went to Niagra Falls.
72. My favorite Canadian candy bar is Crunchie.
73. I am worried that too many off my 100 things revovle around my favorite foods.
74. I have had two of my kids natural and one with and epidural.
75. I have all of my kids now through a midwife.
76. One reason is insurance and the other is my recovery has been better.
77. I miss having the last name Hill.
78. I get sick of always having to spell the last name Romney.
79. Stacey has the same middle name as me: Diane.
80. I have tried to dye my hair darker, but honestly I really only like my hair blonde or with blonde highlights in it.
81. My calling right now is Relief Society teacher, and in the last 5 years that's the calling I've had for 4 years (in two different wards).
82. I always want to get a calling in Young Womens.
83. I go to Chik-fil-a and McDonald's at least once a week (for the kids, and so I don't have to make lunch).
84. I hate shopping at Wal-Mart, but I still go there because you can't beat the prices.
85. My favorite clothes store is American Eagle.
86. I am so bad at sending out thank you cards!
87. I have never sent out Christmas cards.
88. Honestly, those things just overwhelm me!! Just know I thank you and wish you a Merry Christmas for all the years to come!
89. I just finished reading These is My Words and am now reading Hoot.
90. If I was a teenager I would have a crush on Zac Efron (I like High School Musical). He seems so nice.
91. I am really bad at putting my laundry away! I always get it washed and folded but I never put it away.
92. I am not a very good house cleaner at all actually. But I have been ALOT better now than I have moved into my new house.
93. I would love to have a pool in my back yard (the summers are so HOTTT here).
94. I love miniature things.
95. I love baby animals.
96. I love playing outside with my kids.
97. I love reading with my kids.
98. I love the way kids see the world, and how they explain the world around them.
99. My mom made me a stuffed monkey when I was a baby, that I still have.
100. I have the best friends and family I could ever ask for (I am blessed way beyond anything I deserve)
I made it!!! Yeah!!!