Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee

That really has nothing to do with the post, but my aunt (I think it's from a movie, Barbara Streisand?) always says that when she has done something wonderful, and I thought that since I am blogging twice this week it was fitting. I made a promise to my friend Andrea that I would blog more, and I always keep my promises (or at least TRY to). So what is this blog about (drumroll, please)?

DisneyWorld!!!


We went to DisneyWorld a couple of weeks ago and I ACTUALLY took pictures. Here are some of the highlights . . .







We DROVE!! Can you believe it? Everyone thought we were crazy, but it really wasn't too bad! The kids watched movies and played with the fun trip stuff our friend Kelly got for them, and slept. The worst part of driving was the first night when Greg wanted to drive until 2 am and Daniel was screaming because he was so tired and wouldn't go to sleep. We finally stopped at about midnight and crashed! But it worked out fine because we only had about 5 hours to drive the next day. It's about 16 to 17 hours from where we live to Orlando.




Heres' ALL of our pictures with the characters. We didn't really see that many out an about. You had to wait in line to see most of them, so we waited in line once for the princesses for about 30 minutes, and we were done with that. I don't know if they do it differently at Disneyland, but we saw alot more characters out and about. Scott was sad to he didn't see Buzz Lightyear, he loved him at Disneyland. One fun thing that happened was that Stacey was Boo in the Monsters, Inc. show. What do you think, does she look like Boo?


I love the picture of Scott with the CARS characters because there is another boy in the picture because you had to wait in line 30 minutes to take pictures with them too! So I just had Scott go stand over by the cars, I'm sure the experience was just as meaniful . . .

Above is some pictures of some of the rides and petting the animals at Animal Kingdom.





So what does a one year old who can't walk, do at DisneyWorld?







These were the highlights of Daniels trip. Playing with the 3-D glasses at the shows, sitting in the stroller, getting grabbed, poked, and loved by Stacey when she sat behind him in the stroller. And grabbing Dad's hair while he sat on his shoulders when we had to park the stroller to wait in line for a show. Overall, he was a pretty good sport.




I titled this picture ANNOYED because this was the moment that Greg decided he had ENOUGH of DisneyWorld. We were at Epcot, and he wasn't too impressed with the park in general. We had a five day pass, so we had done Disney for 5 days strait so the overload was understandable. Needless to say, we all had a really fun exhausting time. I was grateful to have some time with just my little cute family. I really even had fun spending time talking with Greg in the car! It's just good to get away from all the distractions of everyday life and just chill with the fam!




7 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds like such a fun trip. I can't believe Daniel wouldn't fall asleep in his carseat in the middle of the night. You guys do lots of fun things with your kids and they will remember it forever! Keep posting!

Lindsay said...

Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee....That's from Grease girl, where have you been????

Either way, I am so glad you are posting more regularly now...especially now that I am subscribed. Disneyworld looks like it was a blast- Congrats on driving! We are driving to California in a few weeks. NOT looking forward to that much time in the car.

G and G Nut said...

What a great trip that must have been! Love those cute kids. Hope it got everyone ready for the crazy bug season!
xoxoxo

Gillian Alcala said...

It's fun to see your family. What an awesome trip!

Brooke said...

Looks like a fun time! love you all!

The Shane Gang said...

Looks like so much fun! I love hearing about your travels and adventure (especially since our lives are void of them these days!). I can't wait to see you in a month! I promise I will make it out there soon!!

elizabeth scott said...

So excited to see some fun pictures of you guys! I need to find out how you make those picture collages? I will call you to find out this week. Keep up the good blogging. PS I saw your mom today. (: