Thursday, November 6, 2008

Negative Nancy . . . Be Gone!!!

Ok, I am feeling better, thanks to everyone who commented on my last blog, I really did just need a swift kick in the butt to get me going. So now I thought I would write a more positive post about all the things I love in my life right now . . .

1. I am more in love with my husband than I ever have been. Being married was such a big adjustment for me, and there were hard times. But I love looking back at our marraige and seeing all the joys and trials we have been through and seeing how close they have bonded us. It really does just keep getting better . . .

2. Seeing Scott learn so many new things and talking about his memories. I feel so amazed at the mind of a child, how they pick up things so fast and then they remember them. I feel so excited when he has friends come to play, because I remember how much fun I had playing with friends when I was younger. I love when he will remind me of fun times we had together, and I have so much joy in realizing he has so many happy memories of time he has spent with me and our family.

3. Bonding with Stacey. Stacey is so stubborn and she does things on her own time, you cannot force this child to do anything!! But it makes it that much sweeter when she wants to be close to you, because you know it's what she wants to do. I love going placer with her and spending time with just her. I feel like since she is the middle child she sometimes gets lost in the mix, so I love being able to sit and talk with her. She is quite the conversationalist.

4. Loving on Daniel. To say this kid is happy is a huge understatement. He always laughs and smiles at me, which makes me feel like I am his most favorite person in the world. I want to kiss and hold him all day, and I sometimes want to wake him up at night to play with him after he's gone to sleep (I seriously d0!).

5. Where we live. I absolutely love our house, I love our neighborhood, I love our ward, I love my friends here. Seriously, I have never felt so much at home as I feel here. I miss family and friends in Utah of course. But I KNOW I belong here. I have been so blessed by the people I know here, I really do have "family" in Texas.

6. The gospel. I feel like I know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much better than I have for most of my life. I feel so much inspiration in my life, that comes from the Holy Ghost. I honestly don't know what I would so without it. I couldn't function.

7. Honesty. I feel like I have more honesty in my life than I have before. I feel like I can be honest with myself, it's ok for me to have strength and weaknesses. I don't feel like I have to be perfect or that relationships have to be perfect. Sometimes people fight, we get upset, hurt people's feelings and that's ok, nobody's perfect. We are all working together. For most of my life, I've been a people pleaser, but now I feel like I can be myself and tell people the truth (and not what they want to hear), and it's refreshing. At least I can be honest with myself and others and I feel free.

There are SOOO many more, I was gonna write about my family and Greg
s family, but there are too many amazing people to start on at 1:00 in the morning. That's a blog for another day . . .

13 comments:

G and G Nut said...

Christy,
I missed the previous blog until this morning. Can I just say that all of us who know and love you are so grateful to know that now and then you have a HUMAN moment when we have them all the time. I loved seeing how the Spirit reanchored you for this post. Thank goodness you turned to the Spirit rather than Ryan's suggestion for "speed." Believe it or not, you are amazing!
Love,
Karen

Andrea said...

Awesome!! I loved your list of things you love. No matter how crazy life is and how much we don't get done, our husband, children, and the Gospel are the most important. I want to come and visit you in Texas!!

Abbie said...

I love #7. I'm starting to feel that way too. I'm a total people pleaser and I finally feel like I'm okay with not doing it. It makes me like myself better and feel more like I'm becoming who I'm supposed to be, instead of what everyone wants to see. And I love the differences in people, so if people don't like my differences, than that's their problem.

Okay, what is it about your blog that make me feel like I need to write the longest comments ever? You're great.

The Shane Gang said...

first off, cut blog backgrond. I too returned to the blogging world this morning! I love all your comments except the one about LOVING where you live! I'm so glad you're happy, but I would LOVE it if you were closer! I'll have to figure out some way to get you here! Love and miss ya!

Tiff said...

Christy,
For some reason I don't have your email address. Email me so I can give you access to our blog.(We are going private). iamtiff347atyahoo dot com.

Randi Gerber said...

I am so glad that you are doing so well. I miss you. I wish that I was able to get to know your kids better, and your husband for that matter, but I'm glad that we can keep up on the blog.

Love, Randi

Brooke said...

Christy,
I just read both posts and loved knowing someone else feels just how I've been feeling all week. Alot of the time actually. Well I think you are one awesome sister in law and I'm grateful my brother is married to such a fabulous girl. I mean it. love you, Brooke

Liz said...

That was a great post.

Lloyd Family said...

What an uplifting post. Thanks.

The Andersons said...

Hey,
I went to UVSC from 1998 until 2001. I then went to Provo College and got Massage Therapy certified and a degree in Science. Then I realized I hated giving massages. hee hee.
My hubby and I actually met in Salt Lake. It was at a club actually, but we get embarrassed telling people that since he nor I were big club goers at the time. We have been married for 4 1/2 years now. My husband grew up in Southern Cali, but then his parents moved to Utah when he was a Jr in High School. He graduated from Alta.
Where did you and your hubby meet? What took you guys to Texas? Do you love it there? Everyone that I talk to who has lived in Texas has really loved it. I am so glad we are in touch again. Your family is too cute! I am so glad you are doing so well. You are just as beautiful as I remember.

The Shane Gang said...

Chris, you really, really need to update your blog. Just missing you and wishing that I could come on over and hang out! What do I need to say or do to talk Greg into moving here! :) Love ya!

Lindsay said...

I loved your last two posts. I had the exact same conversation with Taylor about all these amazing moms who are so organized and clean and perfect and...do EVERYTHING... when he's lucky if he can see the floor and I've even thought about dinner when he gets home (And uh, I have ONE kid). Thanks for being REAL. I'm not sure you even read my blog, but if you have ever thought I am one of those people, you are sooooo so wrong. Sometimes I just leave my apartment because I don't want to have to see the billions of dishes and toys amd messes and laundry I should be doing. I am currently sitting in my room staring at three piles of ... I don't know what that I haven't put away from two weekends ago. Yeah, I'm awesome, don't ask. I think people (including me) should post more about the bad things in our lives as well. I have a hard time reading some blogs because there are certain people that paint their lives WAY too perfect, and it just gets me down (or bugged)...

But like you, my family makes me SO so happy. What would I do without them? Probably shrivel up like a raisin and die...

...poor poor Taylor...

The Johnson Family said...

Christy- you are awesome! Your family is so cute and you are just as wonderful as ever. I am glad that I found your blog and that I read your last two posts...I needed a swift kick in the butt too!