Ok, I am feeling better, thanks to everyone who commented on my last blog, I really did just need a swift kick in the butt to get me going. So now I thought I would write a more positive post about all the things I love in my life right now . . .
1. I am more in love with my husband than I ever have been. Being married was such a big adjustment for me, and there were hard times. But I love looking back at our marraige and seeing all the joys and trials we have been through and seeing how close they have bonded us. It really does just keep getting better . . .
2. Seeing Scott learn so many new things and talking about his memories. I feel so amazed at the mind of a child, how they pick up things so fast and then they remember them. I feel so excited when he has friends come to play, because I remember how much fun I had playing with friends when I was younger. I love when he will remind me of fun times we had together, and I have so much joy in realizing he has so many happy memories of time he has spent with me and our family.
3. Bonding with Stacey. Stacey is so stubborn and she does things on her own time, you cannot force this child to do anything!! But it makes it that much sweeter when she wants to be close to you, because you know it's what she wants to do. I love going placer with her and spending time with just her. I feel like since she is the middle child she sometimes gets lost in the mix, so I love being able to sit and talk with her. She is quite the conversationalist.
4. Loving on Daniel. To say this kid is happy is a huge understatement. He always laughs and smiles at me, which makes me feel like I am his most favorite person in the world. I want to kiss and hold him all day, and I sometimes want to wake him up at night to play with him after he's gone to sleep (I seriously d0!).
5. Where we live. I absolutely love our house, I love our neighborhood, I love our ward, I love my friends here. Seriously, I have never felt so much at home as I feel here. I miss family and friends in Utah of course. But I KNOW I belong here. I have been so blessed by the people I know here, I really do have "family" in Texas.
6. The gospel. I feel like I know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much better than I have for most of my life. I feel so much inspiration in my life, that comes from the Holy Ghost. I honestly don't know what I would so without it. I couldn't function.
7. Honesty. I feel like I have more honesty in my life than I have before. I feel like I can be honest with myself, it's ok for me to have strength and weaknesses. I don't feel like I have to be perfect or that relationships have to be perfect. Sometimes people fight, we get upset, hurt people's feelings and that's ok, nobody's perfect. We are all working together. For most of my life, I've been a people pleaser, but now I feel like I can be myself and tell people the truth (and not what they want to hear), and it's refreshing. At least I can be honest with myself and others and I feel free.
There are SOOO many more, I was gonna write about my family and Greg
s family, but there are too many amazing people to start on at 1:00 in the morning. That's a blog for another day . . .